Other Government Regulations

Other Government Regulations

Provincial Licenses and Permits
Many of the licenses, permits, or approvals required by small businesses in Newfoundland and Labrador are issued through Service NL. For instance, food establishment and tobacco licenses are issued by Service NL. For a complete list of licenses and permits issued by Service NL, contact the regional office nearest you.

Liquor Licenses
The Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation issues liquor licenses to applicants who have met all requirements.

Commercial Registration of Companies
All corporations operating in Newfoundland and Labrador must be registered with the Registry of Companies

Federal Government Taxation Policy and Business Regulation
For information regarding Government of Canada taxation policy and business regulation contact the Canada Revenue Agency or Department of Finance Canada.

Additional Information
For additional information, please contact the City of St. John's Business Information Centre or Canada Business Newfoundland and Labrador , a province-wide partnership of business service providers.