Bowring Park Foundation

Outside Boards/Committees with Council Affiliation
The Bowring Park Foundation was established on April 18, 1995, as a not-for-profit organization under the patronage of Derrick Bowring, a relative of Sir Edgar Bowring.  Sir Edgar donated the park land to the City of St. John's in 1911 on behalf of Bowring Brothers Ltd. on their 100th anniversary of commerce in Nefoundland.

In cooperation with the City of St. John's, the Bowring Park Foundation is a Citizens group formed to ensure, through active participation in restoration and future developent projects, that Bowring Park is maintained and developed as a public park for quiet family enjoyment for the citizens of the region.

More information about the Foundation can be found at

Councillor Carl Ridgeley is the Council Representative on this Foundation.