Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:15 AM

Fire Department Advises Residents to Turn off HVAC Units

Due to the dissipating smoke from the ongoing fire on Margaret’s Place the St. John’s Regional Fire Department (SJRFD) recommends that businesses and residents in the area turn off their air exchange HVAC units. See map of area here.
 
There are no immediate health concerns, this recommendation is in place to prevent irritants from entering homes and businesses.  Another update will be provided as soon as the situation is resolved and the smoke is no longer a concern.