Pavement Marking Maintenance
The Department of Public Works Roads Division is responsible for the annual maintenance and painting of all traffic lines, crosswalks, stop bars and arrows throughout the City of St. John's. This line painting takes place from April to October by crews working on shifts that are set up to maximize efficiency and to minimize inconvenience to the public.
As per Traffic Marking-Street Line Painting Policy, except where traffic wear has not diminished the integrity of the markings the following is the priority in which the pavement marking are completed:
- School crosswalks
- Skip lines between two or more lanes
- Regular crosswalks
- Centre lines - high speed areas
- Centre line - four-lane roads and major intersections
- High pedestrian traffic areas
- Parking stalls for persons with disabilities and vendor stalls
- Regular intersections and special markings
- Edge lines
- Parking stalls
- Parking lots
- Cross hatch
Should you have a traffic marking related concern, please call Access St. John's at 311 or (709) 754-CITY (2489).
For additional help, contact information or to submit a request visit Access 311.