The opening and closing dates for all sport facilities are weather dependent. Summer seasonal facilities usually open early in the month of June.
Before completing the Outdoor Sport Facility Rental Application familiarize yourself with the rules, regulations, and policies for rental by reading the Outdoor Sport Facility Information Package, also available at the H.G.R. Mews Community Centre and Access St. John's, City Hall.
- Tournament and special event applications must be submitted separately from league requests.
- To ensure prompt processing, all sections of the Outdoor Sport Facility Application Form must be completed in full.
Payment must be made in advance by cash, certified cheque, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, debit card or money order payable to the City of St. John’s. Bookings will not be confirmed until payment has been received.
Some facilities will require key access. Leagues that operate from these facilities will be contacted and a representative will be required to pay a $50 refundable key deposit prior to receiving their facility permit. The person paying for the keys will sign out the keys for the season. Leagues are asked to schedule an appointment in advance to pay the deposit and pick up keys. Keys can be picked up at the H.G.R. Mews Community Centre. At the end of the season when keys are returned the deposit will be refunded. Damage to key(s) or lost/stolen keys must be reported immediately or the renter may be responsible for all costs associated with the re-keying of all affected areas.
- Successful applicants will receive their facility permit on receipt of full payment.
- Permit will only be valid for the time specified (i.e. monthly, event specific).
- Permits are non-transferable.
- All approved applicants must ensure the permit is on site and be prepared to present it to an approved City official on demand.
- All applicants will be issued Rain-out Forms with their permit.
- To receive a credit for rain-out games, applicants must submit the Rain-out Forms to the H.G.R. Mews Community Centre within seven days of the rain-out. Please fax Rain-out Forms to 709-576-5691.
- Applicants who do not submit the Rain-out Form within seven days will forfeit their account adjustments.
- Accounts will be credited for approved rain-outs on a monthly basis.
- The City of St. John’s requires all successful applicants to provide a minimum of two weeks written notice to cancel confirmed bookings.
- Phone cancellations will not be accepted.
- The City of St. John’s reserves the right to reschedule, withdraw or cancel access or usage to any or all of its facilities.
The City of St. John’s outdoor sport facilities are on a regular maintenance schedule (including weekends) between June and September. There will be limited maintenance on selected facilities from September until closing. Facility users are reminded that when a canteen is operated at a facility by the user group, the group is responsible for the cleanup of all litter, etc. generated by the canteen. Non-compliance could result in the user group being charged for the cleanup and/or refused rentals. Maintenance concerns can be directed to the Parks Services Division at 709-576-8406.
Please note: The City of St. John’s maintains a non-smoking/no alcohol policy at all facilities.