List of possible Sport and Leisure Activities offered through the R.E.A.L Program
|Indoor Soccer||Swimming||Fitness Passes|
|Gals Program||Indoor Rock Climbing||Kickboxing|
Please Note: These are only suggestions of the types of programs offered through the R.E.A.L. If you have other requests not on our list please feel free to list the activities and we will consider your request.
Application and Deadlines
Applications must be submitted by the deadlines for each season. Given the high volume of applications each season, the R.E.A.L Program cannot guarantee placements until the process is complete. Late applications may not be approved.
Summer programs: April 17
Fall programs: July 17
Winter programs: Nov. 17
A reference must be provided on each application. An application will not be held over from one season to the next if the child is not initially placed. Incomplete applications will be returned to applicant. First time applicants must provide proof of residency.
R.E.A.L. Program Information
- Applications will only be processed in accordance to the deadline dates.
- Children/youth can access one activity each season.
- This is a service for children/youth who are not currently participating in other paid or funded recreation programs.
- The parent/guardian is responsible for ensuring the child attends the program.
- If transportation or equipment is an issue, contact must be made with the R.E.A.L. Program as soon as possible.
- If the child/youth can no longer participate, the parent/guardian must contact the R.E.A.L. Program.
- This service is offered to City of St. John’s residents only. Proof of residency must be provided to qualify for the R.E.A.L Program. This can be in the form of a drivers licence or a utility bill.
- Non-residents may apply directly to the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program. For more information call 709-576-6972.
- The R.E.A.L Program randomly seeks proof of income from 5% of all applicants each session. You will be notified if you have been selected.
It's R.E.A.L. Easy
1. Choose an activity of interest.
2. Fully complete the Application Form
Applications are also available at:
- H.G.R. Mews Community Centre, 40 Mundy Pond Road
- Crosbie Building, 1 Crosbie Place
- Shea Heights Community Centre, 130 Linegar Avenue
- Kilbride Lions Community Centre, 34 Fahey Street
- Southlands Community Centre - 50 Teakwood Drive
- City Hall, 10 New Gower Street
3. Applications can be dropped off at the above locations or mailed/faxed to:
City of St. John’s
P.O. Box 908
St. John’s, NL A1C 5M2
For more information on the R.E.A.L. Program, call 709-576-8684, 709-576-4556 or 709-576-2574 or email: email@example.com.