Training Tower Bookings
The St. John's Regional Fire Department provides Combat Challenge training access to its Kenmount Station Training Tower for the volunteer and composite fire departments in which it carries service agreements. Any request for tower access must be sent through the authority of each department (ie. Fire Chief).
Please ensure you read the following SJRFD Protocol for Use of the Training Tower before booking a time slot.
1. Use of the SJRFD Training Tower is available to those who have signed a waiver form with the SJRFD (hereby known as “Participants”) through their Volunteer or Composite Fire Department, or other pre-approved organization, for purposes of training for a Combat Challenge event.
2. At times due to operational requirements, the SJRFD reserves the right to cancel any use of the tower. Participants who are booked for that period will be notified as soon as possible.
3. All Participants must be registered with the SJRFD through the waiver form and Participants are not permitted to allow non-registered person(s) to train or accompany them. Should a Participant allow a non-registered person(s) to train or accompany them in the tower, he/she will forfeit his/her right to use the tower for a one month period. A second offence will result in the Participant losing access to the tower indefinitely.
Booking the Tower
1. A minimum of 24 hours notice is required when booking use of the tower. Requests are processed at 1 p.m. each business day (Monday to Friday) for the following days’ schedule. Any requests after 1 p.m. will be processed the next business day.
2. Use of the training tower during the weekend or during a statutory holiday should be requested no later than 1 p.m. on the previous business day.
3. Submission of a booking does not guarantee a spot in the tower. Any request for time slots that are not already booked by SJRFD members will be a first come – first serve basis.
4. Participants, other than SJRFD members, can have three time slots booked on the schedule at any given time.
5. The schedule will allow bookings seven days in advance.
6. Once a request has been submitted, participants will receive a confirmation email to the address provided.
7. Cancellation of a booking must be made at a minimum of 24 hours in advance to allow other Participants to be booked for that time slot. Cancellations can be made online.
8. Any cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance should only be for inclement weather conditions or extenuating circumstances deemed acceptable by the SJRFD.
9. For any/all no-shows, the SJRFD will waive a penalty for the first no-show. A second no-show will result in the Participant losing his/her right to use the tower for a two-week period. Three no-shows will result in the Participant losing access to the tower for the remainder of the calendar year.
Access to the Tower
1. Access to the tower will be granted to those who are scheduled for that time slot and possess a photo ID upon arrival.
2. Only a SJRFD Captain or designate can grant access to the tower.
3. Any requests by a Participant(s) to extend his/her training time while in the tower can be approved by a SJRFD Captain or designate if the next time slot is available.
To book the training tower click here.
To cancel a booking click here.