Water Street Revitalization
Project: Water Street Exploratory Underground Work
Location: Water Street from Waldegrave to Job's Cove, one cove at a time
Timeline: Beginning mid-July and continuing for an estimated 4-6 weeks
Please be advised that Council has approved an infrastructure improvements project along Water Street from Waldegrave Street to Prescott Street. The design and exploratory work will begin immediately in 2015 with the larger project anticipated to begin in 2016.
WHAT IS HAPPENING?
- Digging test pits to establish location and size of existing underground infrastructure. I.e. Water, sewer and utility infrastructure.
- Tracing the existing water mains and utility services.
- Videoing the existing sewers.
WHEN IS THIS HAPPENING?
This work is scheduled to begin immediately. The contractor will work from Sunday to Thursday, 11 pm to 7 am. Set-up may begin as early as 11 pm with excavation starting at 12:00 am nightly.
WILL I LOSE MY POWER, WATER OR SEWER SERVICE AT ANY POINT DURING THIS PROCESS?
If a disruption in service is necessary or planned, the property owner shall receive sufficient notice as well as details regarding the interruption. However, in the case of an unexpected service interruption, contact a site representative or call 311 immediately.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT ON TRAFFIC?
- The section of Water Street being worked on will be closed to through traffic and a detour put in place.
- There will be no on-street parking in the section being worked on.
- Access for Emergency services vehicles will be maintained.
- Local access will be maintained including taxi cabs.
In addition to the exploratory work, over the following few months, CBCL Limited may ask to speak with the property owners or to enter your premises to determine how your building connects to the City infrastructure. If you are aware of any issues, they should be presented to the representative at that time. Note that this work will occur in the daytime. Information can also be sent to Greg Sheppard with CBCL Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark White with the City of St. John's at email@example.com.
Should you have any further questions, please contact 311.