Satellite Dish Policy
The installation of satellite dishes on City-owned Non-Profit Housing units will be reviewed on an individual basis as requested by the tenants. The installation of the satellite dishes will follow the following guidelines:
- Method of installation must ensure sufficient anchoring to hold the dish when subjected to wind and snow load.
- Installation shall not result in permanent damage to the existing building or lead to other maintenance issues such as leaks.
- The dish shall not interfere with future maintenance or obstruct maintenance staff access. Removal of the dish to facilitate such work would be at the owner’s risk and cost.
- Wiring and dish location shall be approved prior to installation to prevent unnecessary and/or unacceptable installation.
- Every effort should be made to install the unit in a location other than the front facade and under no circumstances would the City permit penetration of the roof membrane.