A flooded basement could be caused by:
- A malfunctioning sump pump located in a householder’s basement;
- A storm service backup under flooding conditions;
- Surface water from a blocked catch basin;
- Surface water from rivers under flooding conditions;
- Surface water from a ruptured water main in the area.
If you are experiencing a basement that is flooded, please call Access St. John's at 311 or (709) 754-CITY (2489).
For more information on how to restore your home to a satisfactory, sanitary condition after a flood, please click here.
For additional help, contact information or to submit a request visit Access 311.