How to Apply
How do I apply for a job with the City?
Applicants who currently work for The City of St. John’s should apply using the Internal Application process.
Applications are received only for competitions that are advertised. Positions that are open to the public are advertised on the City’s website under Employment Opportunities.
External applicants please apply as follows:
- Submit a resume and cover letter in a single MS Word, PDF or plain text format.
- Clearly display the competition number of the job you are applying for on your resume and/or cover letter. Applications without a reference number will not be processed.
- If applying for more than one position, please submit a resume and cover letter for each position. We do not transfer resumes from one competition file to another.
- Submit your application by the deadline date noted on the job posting.
- Submit resume and cover letter:
In person: Employee Relations, Department of Human Resources, Second Floor, City Hall Annex
Mail: P.O. Box 908, St. John’s, NL A1C 5M2
We sincerely appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest in employment with the City of St. John’s, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.