Request for Correction of Personal Information

Informal Approach: If you believe that information about you contained in a City of St. John's record is inaccurate, please contact the office having custody and control of the record and request to have it corrected. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity and evidence that the information in the record is inaccurate.

Formal Approach: If the above informal approach is unsuccessful, you may file a formal request by completing a Correction of Personal Information Form and submitting it to or the mailing address below.

Privacy Breach
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure, or disposal of personal information. Such activity is "unauthorized" if it occurs in contravention of the ATIPPA, 2015 or other applicable privacy legislation. Some of the more common privacy breaches happen when personal information is lost, stolen, or mistakenly disclosed (for example, a USB flash drive is lost or an email is sent to unintended recipients).

Privacy Complaint Form
If you believe that your personal information has been breached in any way, please fill out a Privacy Complaint Form and send it to the ATIPP Coordinator at The ATIPP Coordinator will contact you regarding your complaint and work towards a resolution.

To report a breach contact:             
ATIPP Coordinator, City of St. John's
City Hall, 10 New Gower Street
mail: P.O. Box 908, St. John’s, NL, A1C 5M2
tel: 709-576-8429